Thursday, June 1, 2017

Major Case File No. 231 - Deadline: June 30, 2017

Happy June! Summer is here!

With a new month beginning, we present our Major Case File, which features an awesome Composite Sketch created just for CSI by The Nifty Pixel. This challenge will stay open for the entire month. With this Case File, our new Detectives make their debut! We've also got a brand-new line up of sponsors, Guest Designers, and Special Investigators too!

So, are you ready for the new challenge? Grab you forensics kits, CSI players, and get ready for some serious sleuthing as we open Major Case File No. 231.

CASE FILE

Did you know that June 1 is Superman's Birthday? With that in mind, we've got a super-fun, super fabulous Case File inspired by this whimsical [Crime] Scene by Canadian illustrator Helen Dardik.


Remember to scroll all the way down to the bottom of this reveal post for RGB codes, color descriptions, and more detailed explanations of the Evidence and Testimony prompts.

For our Russian players, Detective Anastasia has translated our Case File into Russian:


Правила на русском языке вы можете прочитать здесь.

SPONSORS

We're so excited to have nine generous sponsors this month! Our sponsors are among the best in the crafting industry, offering unique and trendy products. CLICK HERE to read more about these generous sponsors and the prizes they're donating.


GUEST DESIGNERS

We are thrilled to have the design teams from Imagine Crafts and Scrapmatts join us this month as Guest Detectives!

We also have a team of Special Investigators joining us this month, whose work caught our eye from our April Case File entries:


Hello , I’m Denise from Germany. I have been a scrapbooker since I got my first camera when I was sixteen. I decorated my albums long time before I ever heard the word “scrapbooking”. Ten years ago, I was infected with all the possibilities of die cutters, papers, stamps and embellishments. Last year, I started with mixed media and up to now, I like this style: a little bit neat, a little bit messy.


Hi. My name is Elisabeth Hatlen. I am from Norway and live outside a town called Ålesund. I live here with my husband and 3 off his kids, and our son. I’ve started with scrapbooking in 2008. I’m in 4 Norwegian design team. Project life I Norge, Papirlosjen, Barnemix and Scrapomania. I make cards, Project life, LO’s and 3D project. I don’t have any specific style, I love to try new designs and products. The things that inspire me in scrapbooking are the kids, beautiful paper design and blogs. The kids are my favorite object when I’m taking pictures, but I also love taking pictures of nature.

I am so honored to be CSI Special Investigator. Thank you

You can visit my blog her: www.projeclife.no,  You can also find me on Instagram: elisabethsprojectlife.no


My passions are creating and bringing joy to others. So I love to create for others because the joy is twofold…first the joy I feel while creating and the joy my creations bring to others…

My creative interests span a multitude of crafts, so I dabble in all sorts….but my first love of photography and memory keeping is the creative form where I find the greatest joy both when creating and sharing…
 
INSPIRATION

So...are you ready for some serious inspiration?

Here is how our Special Investigators creatively solved the Case File:

Denise's blog

Elisabeth's blog

Penny's blog

This is how the CSI Detectives have expertly cracked the case:


Janet's blog

Tracee's blog

Sylvia's gallery

Nicole's blog

Anastasia's blog

Carrie's blog

Taru's blog


Debbi's blog

Emma's blog


Ginger's blog

Ginny's blog

Jacynthe's blog

Lisa-Marie's blog

Magali's blog


Laura's blog

Nina's blog

Patty's blog

Gail's blog

Sandra's blog

Vivian's blog

Jennifer's blog

Our Guest Detectives from Imagine Crafts imaginatively cracked the Case:


Jennifer's blog

Martha's blog

Neva's blog

Renee's blog

Roni's blog

The talented team from Scrapmatts solved the Case like this:


Elena's blog

Helen's blog

Jodie's Scrapmatts Gallery

Lauren's blog

Lizzy's blog


CASE FILE DETAILS

THE SCHEME - USE ALL 5 COLORS
  • 48.70.143 – royal blue
  • 143.200.191- turquoise
  • 252.224.115 – bright buttery yellow
  • 255.255.255 – white
  • 206.40.16 – primary red
EVIDENCE - CHOOSE AT LEAST 3 CLUES
  • Solid white cardstock background
  • Stripes
  • Animals
  • Bows
  • String, twine
  • Eyeglasses
  • Googly eyes
  • Speech bubbles
  • Punctuation marks
  • Starbursts
  • Stars
  • hearts
  • Puffy stickers
  • buckles
TESTIMONY - CHOOSE AT LEAST 1 CLUE
  • Topic: What’s your super power? (Or another person’s super power, or your pet’s superpower…) 
  • Prompt Idea: Be inspired by 1000 Awesome Things (click around the site to explore). 
  • Presentation: Write your story in a speech bubble. 
  • Writing Format: Write your journaling as a series of exclamations! 
  • Inspiration Words: super, wow, awesome--use these as inspiration for your journaling, not just as a title.
COMPOSITE SKETCH - Feel free to rotate, substitute elements, etc., but use as inspiration for your page.




We trust we've left enough clues for you to solve the case!

The deadline for completing this Case File is Friday, June 30, at 11:59 p.m. EST. Be sure to link your layout using the link tool in the sidebar, and mention the Evidence and Testimony clues you used. Also, please title your link with your name and country.

11 comments:

  1. Www..this case file.. mm.... I love ut...the Color, the sketch.. woow everything!!
    I also love all dt's layouts ❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful works, ladies! with so much inspiration, I'm very tempt to join in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do join in! One of the very funnest challenges to play along with! :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you very much, ladies! Working in a slow motion on my layout for this case file.

      Delete
  3. Super awesome reveal, everyone! Thank you so very much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous 'superheroic' reveal! :P So happy to be part of this team!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Denise, Penny, Elisabeth, and all the DT you are aoo so creative and knocked it out of the park. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was such a fun challenge that I whipped it up last night! Loved it! Thanks so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful works of art! Inspiring to have so many interpretations of the sketch! Great for the boy pages!

    ReplyDelete